Another recipe I found on Vegetarian 24/7!
This was so good!! And did not take too long to make. I only made a few adjustments. Go to link for all directions. I do print out the recipes so I can write down my adjustments .
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced *** i used 6 cloves ***
- 2 large carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning – ***surprisingly i did not have this so i used a rosemary garlic seasoning***
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- ¼-cup all-purpose flour
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 package (12-ounces) frozen tortellini -*** i used Butoni Spinach and Ricotta tortellini and the only one left at my grocery was a 20 oz pkg and i used all of it***
- 1 bag (5-ounces) fresh baby spinach -*** i had regular spinach from my farmer’s market ***
- 1 cup cream OR milk OR half-and-half (I use 2% milk)
**And I added some sliced mushrooms!